Friday, January 17, 2014

A picture of two penguins


I have been having a bit of an extended holiday over Christmas till now. Since New Year I have been in Australia and New Zealand. From Monday, I will be in Sydney on sabbatical until the start of April. Visiting Ashley Ward and his growing research group.

And I will be back to blogging soon. We have a paper coming out on Monday on our dynamical systems methods for studying socio-economic systems, I am going to write something inspired by my holiday about why solitary living animals might be more at risk of extinction than those living in groups. I have had a couple of students finish interesting projects, one on evolutionary game theory of poker and one on studying the pop charts, which I want to write about. And I might even do an analysis of my Twitter following (still quite low, but growing).

Photo: Elise Sumpter
In the meantime, here is a picture of a couple of yellow-eyed penguins. Sadly, two of just 4000 left on the planet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment